Google Verification Yahoo Verification Google Verification Tulsa Criminal Defense: What to Expect on a DUI or Marijuana Case Google Verification

What to Expect on a DUI or Marijuana Case

What to Expect on a Misdemeanor DUI or Possession of Marijuana Charge
By Glen R. Graham, Criminal Defense Attorney, Broken Arrow Criminal Defense Attorney, Tulsa Attorney, Owasso, Bixby, Glenpool, Skiatook, Collinsville, Sapulpa, and surrounding courts in Oklahoma
Phone 918-260-8184

Each case is different but the same basic rules and same laws apply all over the state of Oklahoma. In a DUI or APC case, you only have 15 calendar days from the date of your arrest to request in the alternative an administrative hearing and/or a modified driver's license. This is a strict time limit which is enforced.

Our office handles these cases, and you should call us to schedule an appointement at Graham Law Office - 918-260-8184. The facts of each case are different and you should contact an attorney immediately to find out about your legal rights and the best way to handle your specific circumstances. Broken Arrow criminal defense attorney cases and Tulsa criminal defense attorney cases and Bixby, Owasso, Glenpool, and Sapulpa criminal defense attorney cases are all based upon the same basic state laws. Our website has more information - Criminal Defense Attorney in Oklahoma - Broken Arrow, Tulsa, Bixby, Owasso, Glenpool, Sapulpa, and others.
You may have a defense in your case. There may be motions that need to be filed to protect your rights and you only have 15 calendar days to make a proper written request to the Department of Public Safety to attempt to save your driver's license.

While you may have been given a temporary license good for 30 days, in fine print, it states you only have 15 days to request an administrative hearing and/or modified drivers license. The 15 day time limit is strictly enforced by the Department of Public Safety. Even though you court date may be continued beyond the 15 days, under the law, the driver's license matter is treated completely separate from your criminal case in court. Everyone is presumed to know the law even though most people do not know about the 15 day time limit, but ignorance of the law is not considered a valid excuse or exception to the 15 day limit.

In regard to misdemeanor, possession of marijuana cases, you do not have to make any driver's license request, but you should contact an attorney to protect your legal rights as soon as possible. You may have a defense in your case. Some times a plea bargain for a deferred sentence to get the sentence dismissed and expunged at the end of a short period of time may be worked out in your case. It is also important to know that some judges may require you to submit to a random urine test for drugs so you should immediately cease and stop using if you have been using. On occasion, the court may want to see a drug test result before the sentence is imposed and some may require an assessment. You should contact an attorney to help you in this matter.

The Graham Law Office - Glen R. Graham and Associates - strives to help you achieve success in your case and the best available options. Please call us at (918) 260-8184 to schedule an appointment to discuss your case.

No comments: